Welcome to Birkdale State School – an exceptional community where we work collaboratively to realise our school motto – "ALWAYS OUR BEST". I am extremely proud to be the Principal of Birkdale State School and privileged to share the following information about this great school.
At Birkdale we provide a learning environment which engages students in the learning environment allowing them to achieve their academic, sporting, social and emotional development. We believe the attributes of a successful learner known as the “You Can Do It - Keys to Success" are Resilience, Organisation, Persistence, Confidence and Getting Along. Students actively engage in learning which promotes these attributes allowing them to set in place strategies for reaching their personal potential.
Birkdale staff are highly skilled and passionate about facilitating highly engaging learning experiences that connect students with their learning. Staff use researched based strategies to deepen student knowledge and understanding through the use of Age Appropriate teaching strategies and New Pedagogies for Deep Learning.
We provide an extensive range of learning opportunities both in and outside the classroom for students including:
- An extensive pre-prep transition program ensuring a successful entry into the school for our Prep students.
- Strategic curriculum planning across year levels to ensure continuity of teaching for improved student outcomes;
- Inclusive practices that cater for the diverse range of student abilities, interests, social and cultural backgrounds;
- A highly regarded and dynamic Music and Choral program of Excellence featuring: three choirs (prep – year 6), instrumental music (strings, woodwind, brass, percussion, Ukulele, guitar groups, a rock band, an annual Night of Music and bi-annual celebration of the arts “Espressivo"
- Inter-house and Inter-school sports carnivals and competitions
- STEM programs from prep – year 6 with participation in a number of local and regional STEM competitions
- Student Council to develop opportunity for 'student voice', charity fundraising and purchase of school equipment;
- Outside School Hours Care program provided by PCYC
- An emerging Basketball development program
- Incursion/excursion and camp program to compliment teaching and learning
Additionally, the Parents and Citizens Association facilitate the “Birkdale Breakers". This group runs through Terms 1 and 4, providing coaching and club night swimming meets for students enrolled at the school.
Our school's facilities feature:
- All learning areas fully air-conditioned and equipped with Interactive White Boards;
- A large multi-purpose sports hall
- 25m solar heated swimming pool
- A well-resourced and engaging library and resource centre;
- Two ovals and multiple playgrounds equipped for all year levels
I invite you to be a part of our Birkdale State School community. You will discover that our school is a place where the whole school community create opportunities for each and every student to excel and be “Always our Best".